Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pressure in Homeschooling


I have met and now read about a late reading child and how they turned into someone brilliant.

Some people ask me why homeschooling? Its articles like this that inspire me. I want my kids to love to learn. And I keep hearing from the veteran homeschooling moms, enjoy the younger years, read to them, let them soak up life. Plenty of time for pressure later.

And because of this while the Charlotte Mason approach was always quite interesting to me (for one I have read and believe Pre-K and heavy duty Kindergarten is detrimental) I ended up going with the Well Trained Mind approach. In a perfect world I might unschool (or at least let the curriculum be 100% child led), but there is some family pressure to produce results.

Pray for me, I have stepped off the boat these past 4 months (we started 1st grade in February, but hit the brakes in April) but I am ready to get back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment