Friday, February 4, 2011

How to Build a Catapult: Fun Science Experiments | eHow.com





We had built a Castle last week out of the empty oven box. A coat of white paint (far messier to clean up when you let a 5, 4 and 2 year old apply it) and some flags made out of wooden barbeque skewers. The boys made England flags in honor of Daddy and I drew a "Don't Tread On Me" Naval flag because my oldest son thought it was cool but too difficult to attempt himself.

How to Build a Catapult: Fun Science Experiments | eHow.com Then we built a catapult today. We didn't have any wood, so I grabbed an heavy duty frozen chicken box. It was empty, so I needed some weight so that it wouldn't flip over when the energy was released. Three full bottles of useless vitamins, bought with a coupon of course.

We also didn't have any push pins, but I did find some medium screws. So I screwed them into the box. It is hard to see in the video, but you should screw the pins or screws closer to the corners and not the dead center of the sides.

And my final tip is to twist the rubber band many times to get it to grasp the spoon well.

The inspiration for the catapult was from the DK Eyewitness Castle book I grabbed from the library yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment